We’re here to support you throughout your pregnancy. Through our Let’s Talk Parenting telephone support line, you can connect with knowledgeable people to answer your questions.
Our prenatal programs can help you have a healthy and positive pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting experience. There are many options to choose from – and you don’t have to pick just one! Getting similar information in more than one way can help the information stick.
Learning about pregnancy, birth and caring for a newborn during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits:
- Better mental health for mom
- Feeling more prepared for birth
- More babies start and continue breastfeeding
- Higher satisfaction with partner and the parent-baby relationship after birth
Pregnancy to Parenting
Pregnancy to Parenting is our free daytime program in Guelph for pregnant women and teens. Talk to a nurse and dietitian about healthy pregnancy, birth, parenting and breastfeeding. Get free snacks, bus tickets, prenatal vitamins, and gift certificates for food.
One-to-one prenatal support
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC)
HBHC is a parenting support program for pregnant women and parents with young children.
We can work with you on:
- Healthy pregnancy and getting ready for the baby
- Practising new parenting ideas
- What to expect as your child grows
- Coping with life stress, like money and housing
We can also link you with other services in your community.
It’s free, and we come to your home! To find out more, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.
Let’s Talk Parenting Supports
- Call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 to speak to a public health nurse. We can answer your questions about pregnancy, breastfeeding, infant/child health, feeding, postpartum concerns, child health and safety. We can also connect you with other supports in the community.
- Subscribe to Let’s Talk Pregnancy, our e-newsletter about all things pregnancy. Each month will focus on a current pregnancy topic like saving money on baby items, baby wearing, preparing for labour and birth and tips to avoid environmental toxins.
Online prenatal program
A free program that lets you learn at your own pace, where and when you want to. Sign up early in pregnancy to get the most out of the program!
Planning to breastfeed?
Complete this prenatal checklist (PDF, 2 pages, 269 KB) to help you think about things you can do now to make breastfeeding easier when your baby is born. Share your list with your healthcare provider.