Parents and caregivers play an important and unique role in the lives of their children. Parenting has a deep impact on the health and well-being of children in our community.
Our role is to build on the capacity of individuals and communities to support positive parenting. We offer programs and supports for local parents and caregivers. See the list of programs below or find out what’s available based on your child’s age:
Let’s Talk Parenting
- Speak to a public health nurse about pregnancy, breastfeeding, parenting or child health. Our pregnancy and parent help telephone line.
- Sign up for our e-newsletter full of reliable, local parenting and pregnancy information to help you and your family stay well.
- Or, connect with us on Twitter or Facebook. We can answer your questions and connect you with other supports in the community.
Online Prenatal and New Parent Program
Finding trustworthy information on the internet can take time—time a new parent doesn’t have! Our FREE web-based prenatal and new parent program is loaded with information about pregnancy, birth, caring for a newborn and breastfeeding—information you can trust without the detective work. Information in the program will be most helpful during pregnancy and the first 8 weeks after birth. Register here.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC)
HBHC is a parenting support program for:
- Pregnant women
- Parents with young children (who aren’t in school yet)
We can work with you on:
- Healthy pregnancy and getting ready for the baby
- Practising new parenting ideas
- What to expect as your child grows
- Easier mealtimes and bedtimes
- Coping with life stress, like money and housing
We can also link you with other services in your community.
It’s free, and we come to your home! To find out more, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.
Come Understand Parenting (CUP)
CUP is a parenting program for parents-to-be and parents under age 25 in Orangeville.
Feelings After Birth
Sometimes adjusting to a new baby can be hard. Our Feelings After Birth postpartum peer groups are here to offer support and resources to help you get through it. This is an ongoing program, open to all moms needing additional support in the first two years after the birth or adoption of a child.
Growing Great Generations
Here4Kids supports children with developmental delays up to age 6 in Guelph, Wellington County and Dufferin County.
We believe you should only have to go through one process to get the right supports and services at the right time. For more information about Growing Great Generations and the System of Care please visit the Growing Great Generations website.
Wee Talk Preschool Speech & Language Services System
Wee Talk provides free assessment, support and treatment for children from birth to school age. Learn more about Wee Talk.