Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health provides services to approximately 272,000 residents in an area of 4,200 square kilometres. We are located one hour west of Toronto in the south central part of Ontario. Our head office is in Fergus. Staff also work out of local offices in Shelburne, Orangeville, Fergus, Mount Forest and Guelph.
We are always looking for talented and motivated employees and volunteers – we depend on you to make our Agency a successful part of improving the health of our communities. If you do not see a current opening that interests you, or if you would like to be contacted if your skills fit a future position with us, please create a career profile.
Why join our team?
We’re a community health service dedicated to promoting and protecting the health of our communities. We work to achieve this each and every day by offering important information, programs and services.
We believe it’s important to promote health in our own workplace, because in order to be your best, you have to feel your best. At Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health our goal is to help maintain not only the physical, but emotional, financial and social health and well-being of our employees.
We offer our permanent full-time employees:
- A competitive compensation package including salary increases, OMERS pension plan, a minimum three weeks paid vacation to start, overtime compensation and 12 statutory holidays including Remembrance Day and Easter Monday.
- A comprehensive benefits plan that includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, pregnancy/parental/adoption leaves, smoking cessation programs and disability leaves.
- Ongoing professional training and development opportunities including reimbursement for work-related continuing education and conferences, the opportunity to explore new roles through secondments and acting positions, and an established performance management program.
- A healthy work lifestyle is important; we have employee fitness and wellness programs, access to diet and nutrition resources, access to on-site health services including immunizations for travel and flu, flexible work arrangements and community involvement opportunities.
- We celebrate employee efforts through service awards, staff days, staff BBQs and our annual staff appreciation breakfast.