Please review all resources provided in order to safely plan for the opening of any children’s day camp/program. In addition to the resources below, please review the Child Care and Schools sections of our website for additional guidance as it applies to your setting. While we are unable to review agency polices and protocols, if you have any questions regarding day camp/program operations, please call our COVID-19 call centre at 519-822-2715 ext. 4020, Monday to Friday from 9am-4pm.
- Guidance for day programs held on Professional Development (PD) Days and Board-Designated Holidays for school-aged children - December 7, 2020
COVID-19 School and Child Care Screening Tools
Who should complete the daily screening tools? The screening tools should be completed daily by all staff, visitors and children who are attending the day camp.
Who does the screening criteria apply to? The screening tools are designed to determine whether staff, visitors and children should attend day camp each day. Individuals who do not work at or attend the day camp are encouraged to follow their individual workplace screening guidelines for COVID-19. All children ,staff and visitors should follow the directions provided in the screening tool including when to stay home and when it is safe to attend day camp.
- School and Childcare Screening Tool (Online version for children, staff and school visitors)
- Student and Child Screening Tool (Download to Print version for children)
- Child Care Staff and Essential Visitor Screening Tool (Download to Print version for staff/visitors)
WDG Guidance Document
- WDGPH COVID-19 Guidance Checklist for Day Camps - Dec 7, 2020
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Guidance: Summer Day Camps
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for child and youth settings operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
Ontario Workplace Safety Guidelines
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Posters and Signs
Please visit our Signs and Posters page for more
Please visit our Workplaces and Businesses page for more reopening guidance information.
*This page will be updated as new information is released so check back regularly for updates