The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has issued new regulations, codes, and short-form wording (set fines) for businesses operating in Ontario that come into effect July 1, 2018. These regulations fall under the Health Protection and Promotion Act and are listed below for your convenience.
All fines have an associated victim fine surcharge which vary based on the amount of the fine - the surcharges can be found here.
Please review the regulations that are applicable/relevant to your business/organization.
- Ontario Regulation 493/17
- Ontario Food Safety Code of Practice (coming soon)
- Set fines: Schedule 41 (NEW)
Recreational water (public pools, public spas, wading pools, and splash pads)
- Ontario Regulation 565 (NEW)
- Recreational Water Code of Practice (coming soon)
- Set fines: Schedule 39 (NEW)
Personal service settings
- Ontario Regulation 136/18
- Infection Prevention and Control Best Practices for Personal Services Settings (coming soon)
- Set fines: Schedule 41.4 (NEW)
- Additional information (coming soon)