Ministry Guidance and Regulations
- Rules for Shutdown Zone and Step 1 - Ontario Regulation 82/20
- Shutdown Zone rules in Schedule 1-5
- Step 1 rules in Schedules 6-10
- COVID-19 Public Health Measures and Advice
- Ontario Newsroom
Ontario Guidance for Day Camps
- Ministry of Health COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for: Day Camps
- CHECKLIST Pre-camp Planning: COVID-19 Preparedness and Prevention for Day Camp
- CHECKLIST Daily Camp Operations: COVID-19 Preparedness and Prevention for Day Camp
Ontario Guidance for Overnight Camps
IMPORTANT: As per section 10 of Ontario Regulation 503/17: Recreational Camps, all overnight camps are required to develop and submit a camp safety plan in writing to the local health unit before opening or operating the camp.
- Please email PHI.firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Recreational Camp Opening Notification Form that overnight camps must complete and submit with their safety plan several weeks prior to a proposed opening date.
This section will be updated with Provincial guidelines for Overnight camps once available.
COVID-19 Screening Tools
Who should complete the daily screening tools? The screening tools should be completed daily by all staff, visitors and children who are attending the day camp.
Who does the screening criteria apply to? The screening tools are designed to determine whether staff, visitors and children should attend day camp each day. All children ,staff and visitors should follow the directions provided in the screening tool including when to stay home and when it is safe to attend day camp.
- School and Childcare Screening Tool (Online version for children, staff and school visitors)
- Student and Child Screening Tool (Download to Print version for children)
- Child Care Staff and Essential Visitor Screening Tool (Download to Print version for staff/visitors)
Other Resources for Camps
- Ontario Workplace Safety Guidelines: COVID-19: Precautions when working in day camps
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for child and youth settings operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Posters and Signs
Please visit our Signs and Posters page for more
Please visit our Workplaces and Businesses page for more reopening guidance information.