Finance Committee Meeting Minutes
September 15, 2016 - 1:30 p.m. – 3:00p.m.
Guelph Trillium Room
Present: Dennis Lever (Chair), Doug Auld, Christine Billings, Keith Perron, Nancy Sullivan and Chris White.
Staff: Dr. Nicola Mercer, Liz Bowman, Rita Sethi, Kyle Wilson, Shanna O’Dwyer and Sylvia Muir (Recorder).
1. Call to Order
D. Lever (Chair) called the meeting to order at 1:30 p.m.
1(A). DISCLOSURE(S) OF PECUNIARY INTEREST
There were no declarations of conflicts identified.
2. Approval of Agenda
Moved: D. Auld
3. Approval of Minutes
Moved: C. Billings
Seconded: D. Auld
5. Committee» Report(s)
BH.04.SEP1516.R11 – 2016 Second Quarter Financials
Dr. Mercer reviewed Finance Committee Report BH.04.SEP1516.R11:
- Handout entitled “Projects to be Completed (or already completed) in Q3 and Q4 of 2016” was circulated and discussed.
(1:35) K. Perron arrived.
- Appendix “1” represents the statement of revenue and expenditures and indicates a large positive variance ($1,084,027) as a result of a number of significant incomplete Q3 and Q4 expenditures that Dr. Mercer discussed, in detail, with the Committee.
Moved: N. Sullivan
Seconded: C. White
BH.04.SEP1516.R12 – 2017 Draft Budget
Dr. Mercer reviewed Finance Committee Report BH.04.SEP1516.R12 in conjunction with budget slides:
- WDGPH has still not received its 2016 Budget.
- Therefore, the draft 2017 Budget is being presented based on assumptions.
- WDGPH has projected a 0% MOHLTC increase.
- 2017 major cost-drivers were discussed, in detail.
- Discussion took place around aligning the budget with the strategic plan priorities, in particular, IT spending.
Direction & Authorization was provided to the MOH/CEO to strengthen the message that this draft budget aligns with our Strategic Plan
Discussion took place around the “cap and trade” charges that are coming into effect in the near future and possible methods to measure the impact(s) on our Agency.
Seconded: N. Sullivan
6. Closed Session
- To approve the Closed Session Finance Committee Minutes of June 9, 2016.
The question was asked as to whether anyone has any questions about the Closed Session Finance Committee Minutes of June 9, 2016. None being identified the Closed Session Minutes of June 9, 2016 were approved, as presented.
Seconded: C. Billings
8. Next Meeting
- Next meeting is scheduled for Thursday October 13, 2016 from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m., in Guelph.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:36 p.m.
Moved: C. Billings
Seconded: K. Perron