We consult with emergency service responders and designated officers on potential exposures to infectious diseases and provide advice for follow-up as per the Ontario Public Health Standards.
We also provide resources for emergency service responders (such as fire, ambulance, and police) to minimize exposure to infectious diseases on the job, including those spread through blood and body fluids.
Report an exposure to an infectious disease
Call us if:
- You have been exposed to an infectious disease
- You are a designated officer reporting a potential exposure of an emergency service responder
Please call our Reportable Disease Intake Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4752. After business hours, on weekends, or on statutory holidays, call 1-877-884-8653.
Mandatory blood testing
Fax applications to our secure Reportable Diseases fax line: 1-855-WDG-LINE (1-855-934-5463). If you have been exposed, go to the hospital for testing and ask the Emergency Room doctor to complete the following forms.
- Forms for the physician, applicant and respondent
- Mandatory Blood Testing information on eligible applicants and the application process
- Mandatory Blood Testing Act, 2006