All Public Health offices will be closed to the public from December 24 to 28, 2018 and on January 1, 2019. However, we will continue to provide key services over the holidays. Read on for key dates and contact information for emergencies, well water testing, breastfeeding support and vaccine ordering.
Is there a Public Health issue you’d like to see us tackle in a blog post in 2019?
A disagreement that could be solved by expert analysis of some good local data?
Stay Well WDG will be on hiatus until January 8. We hope you have a happy, healthy holiday season. See you in 2019!
Urgent and emergency issues
If you have an urgent public health issue that cannot wait until January 2 (such as a disease outbreak, food-borne illness or animal bite), you can call 1-877-884-8653.
Well water testing
To have your drinking water tested, please drop your sample off by Thursday, December 20 at 4:30 p.m. so it will make it to the laboratory in time. Water samples will be accepted again starting January 2, 2019.
There will be some changes to the vaccine distribution schedule during the holidays. Please be aware of the following dates:
- Orders placed by Thursday, December 13 will be ready for pick-up or delivery on Tuesday, December 18.
- The last North Wellington delivery will run on December 10 and the regular delivery schedule will resume on January 7.
- Orders placed by Thursday, December 27 will be ready for pick-up or delivery on Thursday, January 3.
- The regular vaccine distribution schedule will resume the week of January 7, 2019.
Public Health offices and Let’s Talk Parenting will be closed from December 24 to 28, 2018 and on January 2, 2019. Visit Breastfeeding Supports During the Holidays for a list of supports available over the holidays.
Our Guelph and Orangeville breastfeeding clinics will be OPEN on:
- Monday, December 24 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, December 31 from 9 to 11:30 a.m.