Ottawa, February 24, 2020 - Giant Tiger Stores Limited is recalling Celebrate brand frozen profiteroles and eclairs from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination. Consumers should not consume and retailers, restaurants and institutions should not sell or use the recalled products described below.
The following products were sold at the Giant Tiger locations listed below:
- 417 Wellington St., St. Thomas, Ontario
- 350 Scott St., St. Catharines, Ontario
- 29 Chambers St., Smith Falls, Ontario
- 2480 Walkley Rd., Ottawa, Ontario
- 6061 Hazeldean Rd. Stittsville, Ontario
- 4501 Tecumseh Rd. East, Windsor, Ontario
- 330 avenue St-Laurent, Louiseville, Quebec
- 1254 boulevard Louis-XIV, Quebec City, Quebec
- 46 Robie St., Truro, Nova Scotia
- Celebrate Brand Frozen Mini Chocolate Eclairs, 365 g
- Celebrate Brand Frozen Classical Profiteroles / Classic Profiteroles, 325 g
If you purchased a recalled product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.