This page lists many of the breastfeeding supports in Guelph, in addition to our free Public Health breastfeeding clinics. For more information, or for help with breastfeeding, call Let’s Talk Parenting at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Contact your healthcare provider or Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000 today if:
- Your baby is very sleepy and hard to wake for feedings.
- Your baby is crying and will not settle after feedings.
- Your baby does not have enough wet and dirty diapers.
- You have a concern or feel that something is not right with your baby.
- Your nipples are sore and are not getting better.
- You have a fever, chills, flu-like symptoms, or a red and painful area on your breast.
- You feel overwhelmed or not able to cope.
Free breastfeeding support is also available from:
- Your midwife or doctor
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 – Registered nurses are available to provide expert breastfeeding support and advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is free. There is 24/7 access to telephone interpreters in more than 100 languages and a direct TTY number for those with hearing and speech difficulties. Moms, family, friends and caregivers are encouraged to call if help is needed.
Free breastfeeding supports in Guelph and how to participate
Public health nurses are available to answer your breastfeeding questions, help you get started, support you through challenges, and encourage you to continue breastfeeding your baby.
Guelph – EarlyON Centre, 2nd floor, Stone Road Mall, 435 Stone Rd. West
- You do not need an appointment.
- Drop-in Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Guelph Community Health Centre
WE Breastfeed phone support
Trained peer volunteers who have breastfed offer telephone support in different languages. Visit WE Breastfeed on Facebook for more information.
- Call 519-821-6638 ext. 250 to be matched with a volunteer.
- Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
WE Breastfeed Drop-in Breastfeeding Cafe, Guelph Public Library, 100 Norfolk St
Trained peer volunteers who have breastfed are available for support and social time. Snacks and coffee/tea are provided.
- Drop-in Wednesdays from 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- For other times and locations, visit Guelph Community Health Centre or WE Breastfeed on Facebook.
La Leche League
Accredited La Leche League leaders provide mother-to-mother breastfeeding information, encouragement and support for all stages of your journey. Phone support, drop-ins and home visits are available.
Robin’s Nest Family Care, 319 Woolwich St, upstairs meeting room
- Drop-in the second Monday of each month from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
EarlyON Centre, 2nd floor, Stone Road Mall, 435 Stone Rd. West
- Drop-in the last Monday of each month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Additional free breastfeeding supports & information
Speciality Pediatric and Lactation Clinic
Contact your doctor or midwife for a referral to Pediatrician Dr. Mantynen and Nurse Practitioner and Lactation Consultant Tara Boyes. Located in the Zehrs Superstore at 200 Franklin Blvd., Cambridge, 519-620-3600.
Motherisk provides information about breastfeeding and medications, drugs and alcohol. Visit their website or call 416-813-6780 Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for information and support. Motherisk also has an Alcohol & Substance line: 1-877-327-4636.
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000
A free, confidential telephone service you can call for breastfeeding help from a Registered Nurse. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visit Telehealth Ontario for more information.
Bilingual Online Ontario Breastfeeding Services
Search for breastfeeding services across Ontario at ontariobreastfeeds.ca
Best Start Resource Centre
Best Start offers a wide range of parenting and breastfeeding resources.
Fee-for-service breastfeeding supports
We post the lists of private lactation consultants and doulas as a courtesy for clients. Private providers must contact us to be included on the list. We do not endorse private providers listed on this site.
- International Breastfeeding Centre/Newman Breastfeeding Clinic (Toronto). Call 416-498-0002 or visit their website to book an appointment. Breastfeeding videos and information sheets are also available on their website.
- Visit the International Lactation Consultant Association to find a board-certified lactation consultant in your area.
- Find a doula at the Association of Ontario Doulas or contact regional representative Dawn Humphrey at 519-993-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breast pump rentals
- Ontario Home Health - 66 Delhi St, 519-821-9519
- Norfolk Pharmacy - 85 Norfolk St, 519-837-1820
- Prime Care Pharmacy - Arbor Family Medical Centre, 1-281 Stone Rd E, 519-837-4594
- Shoppers Drug Mart - 375 Eramosa Rd, 519-822-2480
- University Square Pharmacy - 987 Gordon St (at Kortright), 519-763-3301
“Our goal is to increase rates of breastfeeding initiation, exclusivity, and duration in Guelph.”
~ Community Breastfeeding Collaborative of Guelph