COVID-19 Response Framework
To find out what level WDG is currently in and what this means visit the province’s website. Please review this framework to ensure your establishment follows any new sector-specific public health and workplace safety measures.
Screening Tool for Workplaces
WDGPH Guidance Documents
- WDGPH COVID-19 Guidance for reopening businesses (Updated: September 29, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Checklist for reopening businesses and workplaces (Updated: September 29, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 General Tips for Reopening
- WDGPH COVID-19 Testing & Clearance Guidance for Workplaces (Updated: October 15, 2020)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses - STOP before entering (Section 22 class order)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses - STOP before entering (simplified instructions)
- WDGPH COVID-19 Poster for businesses FRENCH version-Stop before entering (simplified instructions)
Collecting Patron Information
Ontario Regulation 364/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 3 and Ontario Regulation 263/20: Rules for Areas in Stage 2 require establishment operators to record the name and contact information of every patron that enters an establishment such as a meeting and event space, a personal service setting, facilities for sports and recreational activities, cinemas or performing arts venues, casinos and gaming establishment, tour guide services. Operators must maintain these records for at least one month.
- WDGPH Notice to Collect Patron Information Poster - Nov 27, 2020
- WDGPH Contact Information for Patrons Form - Nov 23, 2020
More resources for workplaces
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for workplaces/businesses operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for gatherings and events operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- PHAC: Advice for Essential Retailers During COVID-19 Pandemic
- PHAC: Coronavirus disease: Being prepared: For workplaces
- Physical Barriers for COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control in Commercial Settings
- COVID-19 Guidance: Workplace Outbreaks
- Ministry COVID-19 Guidance for Essential Workplaces
- Preventing COVID-19 in the workplace: Employers, employees and essential service workers fact sheet
- Click on the tabs to the right and visit Ministry resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace and Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety Pandemic (COVID-19) tip sheets to find more resources specific to your business sector.
- If employers have questions, WDG Public Health can assist by informing current policies.
- The Government of Ontario has made changes to legislation around meetings and business operations to help businesses follow physical distancing guidelines
Government of Canada
COVID-19: Your rights and responsibilities as an employee (includes info for managers)