Proof of Vaccination Requirements for Patrons - Guidance for Businesses and Organizations
Effective September 22, 2021, patrons will be required to provide proof of vaccination status to access certain businesses and settings. Provincial regulations and guidance documents to support implementation of these requirements are provided here:
- Proof of Vaccination Regulatory Requirements
- Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations
- Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations – Questions and Answers
- Using your Vaccination Receipt- FAQ
Provincial Rules under the Reopening Ontario Act
Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen is a three-step plan to safely and gradually lift public health measures.
For an overview of provincial rules currently in effect:
For detailed rules, review the regulations below. Note that all regulations include general rules applicable to all businesses and organizations, followed by additional sector-specific rules.
- Rules for Step 1 - Ontario Regulation 82/20
- Rules for Step 2 - Ontario Regulation 263/20
- Rules for Step 3 - Ontario Regulation 364/20
WDGPH Section 22 Class Order – Face Coverings
Workplace Safety Plan
Most businesses are required to have a safety plan and make it available upon request. Visit the COVID-19 response framework to determine if your business is required to have a workplace safety plan.
Screening Tools for Workplaces
All businesses and organizations are required to actively screen employees prior to entry to the workplace.
Some settings, including facilities for sports and recreational fitness activity, are also required to actively screen all persons all persons entering the facilities, including participants. For further details, visit Screening Patrons - A Tool for Businesses and Organization.
- Ontario’s COVID-19 Worker and Employee Screening Questions (scroll to the bottom for printable version)
- Ontario’s COVID-19 Customer Screening Questions (scroll to the bottom for printable version)
Collecting Patron Information
According to instructions issued by the Province, facilities for sports and recreational fitness activity are required to record the name and contact information of every person that enters their establishment.
WDGPH Guidance Documents
- COVID-19 Guidance Checklist for Parents and Families about using Playgrounds
Resources for Sport & Rec Businesses
- Guidance for facilities for sports and recreational fitness activities during COVID-19 (Ministry of Health)
- Ontario Return to Play
- Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace
- True Sport - Safe Return to Community Sport: A True Sport Guide for Parents and Caregivers
- PHAC: Risk mitigation tool for outdoor recreation spaces and activities operating during the COVID-19 pandemic
- WDGPH COVID-19 guidance and checklist for reopening businesses
- Guidance on Health and Safety for Outdoor Recreation and Drive-in/Drive-Thru Entertainment Settings during COVID-19
For further guidance, refer to the provincial or federal professional association affiliated with your business sector, if applicable