Ontario Releases Plan for Safe Reopening of Schools in September
- News Release (July 30, 2020)
- Actions Taken to Keep Schools Safe During Reopening (July 30, 2020)
- Guide to reopening Ontario’s schools
- COVID-19: reopening schools
- Federal Guidance for School Bus Operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Ministry of Education
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
General Cleaning and Disinfection
- Public Health Ontario - Cleaning and disinfection for public settings
- Public Health Agency of Canada - Cleaning and disinfecting public spaces during COVID-19
- Health Canada - Hard surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
Posters and Signs
Please check your school board website for further details:
- Upper Grand District School Board
- Wellington Catholic District School Board
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
Update on school-based immunization programs
As the province of Ontario announced extended school closures in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, school-based immunization programs were also suspended for the 2019-2020 school year. Students who missed receiving immunizations due to COVID-19 school closures will be able to complete the series of recommended immunizations. Re-starting a series will not be necessary.
Visit our webpage School Immunization Clinics: Grade 7 Immunizations
How to get your immunizations
Clinic Arrival Instructions
The government is now preparing for the 2020-21 school year by working closely with the province’s colleges and universities to ensure students receive the high-caliber education and training they need to obtain rewarding careers. Acting on the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Ontario’s postsecondary institutions are developing their plans for the fall term - exploring a range of delivery options depending on the trajectory of COVID-19.
- The Ontario government announced it is reducing financial barriers for full-time post-secondary students by providing a six-month temporary deferral of Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) loan payments and interest accrual on OSAP loans from March 30-September 30, 2020.
- Those in need of support can apply to the OSAP starting as of May 20, 2020.
Public Health Agency of Canada