The purpose of this section is to give you information on our local vaccination planning and progress in WDG. Information is changing rapidly and will be upated as needed.
Last updated: February 22, 2021
- Shipments of the Pfizer vaccine have resumed but supplies are still very limited. Over the next few weeks we expect to receive:
- Week of February 15 - 4,680 doses
- Week of February 22 - 3510 doses
- Week of March 1 – 3150 doses
- There is no update on the next shipments of the Moderna vaccine.
- We anticipate completing second doses of all LTC and RH residents by February 24.
- We anticipate completing second round vaccinations of staff and caregivers of LTC and RH homes (any anyone else that received their first shot) by the end of February.
- First dose administration for priority groups will resume starting February 19.
- All second doses appointments for Pfizer will be scheduled 35 days after the first dose or as close to that as possible.
- A new pre-registration website has launched so the next priority groups can register with their information. This will ensure we can quickly and easily book those eligible in for their appointments as soon as vaccine is available. Visit wdgpublichealth.ca/register for a list of eligible groups and how to pre-register.
- More information about our local mass vaccination plan was released this week.
- We have developed an at-a-glance graphic to illustrate the current plan to get WDG vaccinated.
- 93% of residents in LTC and RH have had one dose and 76% have had two doses, ensuring our most vulnerable have some protection from the virus.
- As of February 16, WDG Public Health has administered over 10,000 doses and has surpassed the provincial and national vaccination rates.
- A new “COVID-19 Vaccination Report” dashboard has launched at wdgpublichealth.ca/vaccine. It includes information on our progress towards vaccinating priority groups, progress towards vaccinating our total eligible population, total doses administered, and doses administered by date.