WDG Public Health continues to work closely with local hospitals, health care partners, the Ministry of Health, Public Health Ontario and national partners to monitor and detect any cases of COVID-19.
We continue to use your feedback to update our website with the most relevant information. You can now see data and the status of confirmed positive cases in WDG in the status report below.
Important notes about the data:
- The data below will be refreshed at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. daily.
- In order to protect the health information of individuals, the data presented is aggregate data from the region.
- WDG Region includes all of Wellington County, Dufferin County and the City of Guelph.
- The number of reported cases and detailed information on each case is in a state of flux and may be received at different times. Expect that totals may not be consistent because some information will be pending each time the numbers are refreshed (ie. total confirmed cases vs. patient status case totals may not always add up to the same number).
- Confirmed cases with unknown addresses are excluded from counts by region (Wellington, Dufferin and City of Guelph), as they are unable to be assigned to a specific area.
- Data in the interactive status report is taken from confirmed cases reported to date in Public Health’s reportable disease database. The last time data has been updated is shown below.
- More information about institutional outbreaks can be found on our Retirement and Long-Term Care Outbreak Bulletin.
- The number of confirmed cases is only part of the picture. You should assume you can get COVID-19 in the community.