~ stay 2 metres apart from others
~ wash hands frequently for 20 seconds
~ avoid touching your face
~ clean surfaces daily
~ wear a mask if physical distancing is difficult
~ stay home when ill
~ if you develop at least one of the COVID-19 symptoms or are concerned you have been exposed to COVID-19, please go to an assessment centre to be tested
Ministry guidance for the public on what is reopening
*Emergency order restrictions have been extended until June 9, 2020. Social gatherings of more than five people are not permitted with others outside of your household.
- Retail services that are not in shopping malls and have separate street-front entrances with measures in place that can enable physical distancing, such as limiting the number of customers in the store at any one time and booking appointments beforehand or on the spot.
- Vehicle dealerships and retailers
Sport, Recreation and Leisure
- Seasonal businesses and recreational activities for individual or single competitors, including training and sport competitions conducted by a recognized national or provincial sport organization. This includes indoor and outdoor non-team sport competitions that can be played while maintaining physical distancing and without spectators, such as tennis, track and field and horse racing.
- Some outdoor recreational amenities, including outdoor sports facilities and multi-use fields (including baseball diamonds, soccer fields, and frisbee golf locations, tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts, basketball courts, BMX parks, and skate parks)
- Outdoor picnic sites; benches and shelters in parks and recreational areas
- Golf courses will be able to open, with clubhouses open only for washrooms and restaurants open only for take-out
- Marinas, boat clubs and public boat launches may open for recreational use
- Libraries can open for pick-up or delivery
- Private parks and campgrounds may open to enable preparation for the season and to allow access for trailers and recreational vehicles whose owners have a full season contract.
- Currently only self-guided activities such as walking, hiking, biking, boating, paddling and fishing will be permitted within provincial parks.
- All buildings and facilities including water taps, campgrounds, backcountry campsites, roofed accommodations, playgrounds and beaches continue to be closed.
- Animal services, specifically pet care services, such as grooming and training, pet sitting, and dog walking
- Veterinary services can resume all services by appointment.
- Off-leash dog areas
- Indoor and outdoor household services that can follow public health guidelines, such as housekeepers, cooks, cleaning and maintenance, nanny services, babysitters, window cleaning, and general repairs.
Health and Medical Services
- Allowing certain health and medical services to resume, such as in-person counselling; in-person services, in addition to virtual services, delivered by health professionals; and scheduled surgeries, all based on the ability to meet pre-specified conditions as outlined in A Measured Approach to Planning for Surgeries and Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- All construction to resume and essential workplace limits are lifted (includes land surveyors)
Faith-based and Religious Gatherings
- Drive-in religious gatherings are permitted, under certain conditions including:
- keeping vehicles two metres or more apart
- only members of the same household can be in one vehicle
- people will not be able to leave their vehicles
- no more than five people can conduct the service at one time from outside a motor vehicle and they must stay at least two metres apart
Ontario Announces Additional Workplaces that Can Reopen (News Release May 14, 2020)
Check local municipality and county websites for the latest updates on what public spaces are opening in your area:
- City of Guelph - Latest Updates
- Wellington County - Information and Updates
- Dufferin County - Latest news: What’s happening in Dufferin?
*This page will be updated as new information is released so check back regularly for updates