Community Supports and Contacts

Public Health COVID-19 Call Centre

Health-related questions

  • Including symptoms, close contacts, travel or if you are a health care provider:

  • Call 519-822-2715 ext. 7006

  • Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. 

Non-health-related questions

  • Including business or workplace concerns, social distancing questions or non-emergency reporting questions:

  • Call 519-822-2715 ext. 4020

  • Monday - Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Please note, our 1-800 number continues to experience technical difficulties, please use our 519 number.

COVID-19 Symptoms

Community Support Services

Guelph and Wellington

During this time of uncertainty there are programs, services and supports available in your community. The Toward Common Ground - Support during COVID-19 webpage provides a brief summary of many of the community resources available in Guelph and Wellington County.  

Resources include: Food Access; Harm Reduction and Addiction Services; Housing and Shelter Support; Income and Employment Support; Indigenous Services; Legal Support; Newcomer and Immigrant Services; Transportation and many more. 

Dufferin County

Food Access

Dufferin Food Share has a new delivery service coming on board. Here is the referral form that service providers need to fill out.  We are asking that referrals be made for the following reasons:

  • Mobility Issues
  • Immune Compromised
  • Quarantined
  • Socially Isolated, lacking resources to obtain food Deliveries by referral from an agency only at this time.

Deliveries by referral from an agency only at this time. E.g. SHIP (Services & Housing in the Province), DAFHT (Dufferin Area Family Health Team), Police Services (OPP, OPS), Paramedics, DCAFS (Dufferin Children and Family Services), Hospital/other Social Worker, etc

Referrals need to be submitted by noon for delivery the following day. We will deliver Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday between 1:30 and 4:30 pm.  Orders that are received on Tuesday will be delivered Thursday and orders received on Friday will be delivered Monday.

Housing and Shelter Support

Newcomer and Immigrant services

Income supports

Government of Ontario

Legal Support:

Government of Canada

Community volunteer opportunities

Are you wanting to volunteer your skills and expertise to help during the COVID-19 crisis? There are essential services that require additional help at this time.

Guelph or Wellington County

Visit to:

Dufferin County

Visit to:

  • Browse opportunities using the COVID-19 filter. Check back often as this new feature rolls out and opportunities are added.
  • Create a profile and select COVID-19 in your Notification Preferences. You will receive emails with matched opportunities.
  • Follow Volunteer Dufferin on Twitter and Facebook

Non-emergency reporting

Questions or concerns about:

  • Non-Essential Businesses
  • Outdoor Recreational Amenities
  • Organized Public Events and Social Gathering
  • Physical Distancing
  • Price gouging reporting

Please call:

  • City of Guelph Bylaw Compliance and Enforcement: 519-837-2529
  • Guelph Police: 519-824-1212 or TTY 1-866-513-8062
  • OPP: 1-888-310-1122
  • Orangeville Police: 519-941-2522
  • Shelburne Police: 519-925-3312 x1

Municipal offices