Public Health COVID-19 Call Centre
Including symptoms, close contacts, travel or if you are a health care provider:
Call 519-822-2715 ext. 7006
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Including business or workplace concerns, social distancing questions or non-emergency reporting questions:
Call 519-822-2715 ext. 4020
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please note, our 1-800 number continues to experience technical difficulties, please use our 519 number.
- Online Self-assessment
- Telehealth Ontario:1-866-797-0000
- Assessment centres in WDG
- Emergencies only: 911
Community Support Services
Guelph and Wellington
- Toward Common Ground - Support during COVID-19
During this time of uncertainty there are programs, services and supports available in your community. The Toward Common Ground - Support during COVID-19 webpage provides a brief summary of many of the community resources available in Guelph and Wellington County.
Resources include: Food Access; Harm Reduction and Addiction Services; Housing and Shelter Support; Income and Employment Support; Indigenous Services; Legal Support; Newcomer and Immigrant Services; Transportation and many more.
- Guelph and Wellington Task Force for Poverty Elimination
- COVID-19 Resource: Guelph Emergency Food Access *last updated June 17, 2020
- COVID-19 Resource: Wellington County Emergency Food Access *last updated June 17, 2020
- The SEED - Emergency Food Home Delivery
- Dufferin Food Share – Collective response to COVID-19
Dufferin Food Share has a new delivery service coming on board. Here is the referral form that service providers need to fill out. We are asking that referrals be made for the following reasons:
- Mobility Issues
- Immune Compromised
- Socially Isolated, lacking resources to obtain food Deliveries by referral from an agency only at this time.
Deliveries by referral from an agency only at this time. E.g. SHIP (Services & Housing in the Province), DAFHT (Dufferin Area Family Health Team), Police Services (OPP, OPS), Paramedics, DCAFS (Dufferin Children and Family Services), Hospital/other Social Worker, etc
Referrals need to be submitted by noon for delivery the following day. We will deliver Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday between 1:30 and 4:30 pm. Orders that are received on Tuesday will be delivered Thursday and orders received on Friday will be delivered Monday.
Housing and Shelter Support
- Emergency housing services and resources
- Housing access Dufferin: Information for applications
- Shelters/Transitional housing/homelessness
Newcomer and Immigrant services
Government of Ontario
- COVID-19: Support for People
- Renting: changes during COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- COVID-19 information for landlords
- Steps to Justice: Your guide to law in Ontario – COVID-19 updates to service
- COVID-19: Updates on the law and legal services
- COVID-19 Income Assistance
- Legal Aid Ontario - Changes to summary legal advice services at Legal Aid Ontario due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Law Society of Ontario – COVID-19 Response
Government of Canada
Community volunteer opportunities
Are you wanting to volunteer your skills and expertise to help during the COVID-19 crisis? There are essential services that require additional help at this time.
Guelph or Wellington County
Visit PINnetwork.ca to:
- Browse opportunities using the NEW COVID-19 filter
- Create a profile – select Emergency, Crisis & Distress and choose COVID-19. You will receive emails with matched opportunities.
- Follow PIN Network on Twitter and Facebook (@PINnetworkGW)
Visit Volunteerdufferin.ca to:
- Browse opportunities using the COVID-19 filter. Check back often as this new feature rolls out and opportunities are added.
- Create a profile and select COVID-19 in your Notification Preferences. You will receive emails with matched opportunities.
- Follow Volunteer Dufferin on Twitter and Facebook
Questions or concerns about:
- Non-Essential Businesses
- Outdoor Recreational Amenities
- Organized Public Events and Social Gathering
- Physical Distancing
- Price gouging reporting
- City of Guelph Bylaw Compliance and Enforcement: 519-837-2529
- Guelph Police: 519-824-1212 or TTY 1-866-513-8062
- OPP: 1-888-310-1122
- Orangeville Police: 519-941-2522
- Shelburne Police: 519-925-3312 x1