The following tattoo and body piercing shops are inspected annually by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health, with additional inspections in response to complaints or to follow-up on infractions identified at the previous inspection. Please note that although the following premises are inspected by Public Health, this does not necessarily mean that these premises have a history of compliance with infection control best practices. To obtain a copy of a shop’s most recent (or any other) inspection report you can:
- Ask the shop to show it to you.
- Contact Public Health to obtain a copy.
- Visit CheckBeforeYouChoose.ca to see a summary of the shop’s inspection history.
If the shop you are considering for a tattoo or piercing is not on this list, it is not inspected. This means that public health inspectors have not visited the premises to make sure that proper infection control procedures are being followed.
Getting a tattoo or body piercing at an uninspected shop puts you at risk of getting an infection. Visit your family doctor or school health nurse for information on how to be tested for hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV.
The following list is accurate as of January, 2019. As of this date, there are no inspected and approved home-based tattoo or piercing businesses in the city of Guelph.
City of Guelph
- Alstylz Tattoo
- Bella Morte Studios
- Inksmith Tattoos
- Modern Addiction Tattoos and Piercings
- Nighthawk Tattoo and Gallery/Holes Body Piercing
- No Regretz Tattoo and Body Piercing
- Nostalgia Tattoo
- Piercings by J
- The Prestige Tattoo Studio and Design
- Toltec Sprit Tattoo
- Custom Tattoos by Fritter
- Grand River Tattoo Company
- All That Remains
- The Altered Native
- Citrus City Tattoo
- Driven by Design
- GL Tattoos
- The Ink Gallery
- Jason Riedel Needle (home-based)
- Stefania (home-based)
- Talisman Studio (home-based)
- Tattoo Addiction
If the shop you would like to go to is not on this list call us at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4752.