Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (co-chair of Balanced Technology Management committee): Rules and Regulations for Power Off and Play Contest, June 2018
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO WELLINGTON COUNTY, DUFFERIN COUNTY AND CITY OF GUELPH RESIDENTS ONLY, WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN ONTARIO AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN AND PROVINCIAL LAWS. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED. SEE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW FOR FURTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS.
- CONTEST PERIOD. Contest starts at 10:00:00 AM (ET) on June 8, 2018 and continues until 11:59:59 PM (ET) on June 15, 2018 (the “Contest Closing Date”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win a Prize, a person (“Entrant”) must be, at the time of entry into the Contest: (a) an individual legal resident of Wellington County, Dufferin County or City of Guelph. Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health employees and current members of the Balanced Technology Management committee are not eligible to enter. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase Necessary. To enter the contest, like, share or post a comment on how you Power Off and Play as a family to the post located on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LetsTalkParenting/. You will receive one entry for each Facebook interaction for a maximum of 1 (one) entry per interaction. You could earn up to 3 entries on Facebook. Facebook is not affiliated with this contest.
- PRIZES: A total of one (1) prize package is available to be won during the Contest Period. This includes one (1) Grand River Conservation Authority membership, two (2) dinner placemats, two (2) family board games, one (1) book, one (1) jump rope, one (1) collapsible flyer, and one (1) beach ball. The prizes will be selected by the Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion. The prize cannot be exchanged for another size, cash or otherwise. All Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable and have no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that any Prize or any component of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute a similar Prize or component of the Prize of equal or greater value without liability.
- DRAWS: A random draw will be made by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health in Guelph, ON, June 18, 2018. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period.
- PRIZE NOTIFICATION: The selected entrant will be notified via the platform they used to enter the contest (Facebook) by June 20, 2018. The selected entrant must respond within four (4) business days according to the instructions in the notification, or he/she will be disqualified without any liability to the Sponsor, and his/her entitlement to receive the Prize will be forfeited and alternate eligible entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries from the contest period. Every reasonable attempt will be made by the Sponsor to contact a selected entrant via any multiple forms of contact information received. If a selected entrant does not respond to the Sponsor as per the above the Sponsor may disqualify the selected entrant in its sole discretion.
- ACCEPTING DELIVERY OF A PRIZE: By accepting delivery of a Prize, the Prize Winner confirms compliance with the Official Rules, acknowledges that the Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred and has no cash surrender value, releases the Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, prize suppliers and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents, successors (collectively the “Releasees”) and assigns, from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding and use of the Prize, and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province) and/or photographs, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest. 1-800-265-7293 email@example.com www.wdgpublichealth.ca Prize Winner will have to pick up their prize from any of the public health offices in Shelburne, Mount Forest, Orangeville, Guelph (Chancellors Way) and Fergus.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, entrants (i) automatically acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent contest organization, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- GENERAL: By entering the Contest, selected entrants agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her contest entry response without further compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet. The Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the independent contest organization are not responsible for late, lost misdirected, delayed or illegible entries.
- Without limitation, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies will not be liable for any failure of the website, Facebook accounts or email account during the Contest; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the independent contest organization will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries.
- In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account at the time of entry. Selected entrants may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Facebook account associated with the selected Contest submission. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind without prior notice or obligation. In the event, due to a printing or production error, more than the advertised number of prizes are claimed there will be a random draw conducted amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes after the Contest Closing Date.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Contest entry form, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control
- All intellectual property used by the Sponsor in connection with the promotion and/or administration of the Contest, including, without limitation, all trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned (or licensed, as the case may be) by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any such intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. 1-800-265-7293 firstname.lastname@example.org www.wdgpublichealth.ca