Ottawa, October 3, 2019 - The food recall warning issued on October 2, 2019 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Industry is recalling certain products containing diced chicken from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination of the diced chicken used to make these products. Consumers should not consume and distributors, retailers and food service establishments such as hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, hospitals and nursing homes should not sell or use the recalled products described below.
- L’ Étoile Acadienne Star - Chicken Sandwich (160 g) - UPC: 0 63997 00167 2 & 0 63997 00172
- None (Entrée Plus Foods) - Chicken Caesar Salad (150 g)
- None (Entrée Plus Foods) - Chicken Noodle Soup (200 g)
- None (Entrée Plus Foods) - Cream of Chicken Vegetable Soup (200 g)
- Mr. Snack - Chicken Salad Sandwich (230 g)
- Wile’s Lake Farm Market & Bakery - Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Brand None - Multigrain Chicken Salad (195 g)
- Express - Chicken Salad (195 g)
- Get The Good Stuff - Chicken Salad (195 g)
- Eating New Creations - Chicken Salad Gourmet Ciabatta Sandwich (229 g)
- None (Red Table Foods) - Chicken Salad on Whole Wheat, Dairy Free
- None (Red Table Foods) - Chicken Salad on White, Dairy Free
- Urban Fare - Curried Chicken & Mango Salad Wrap (395 g)
- Urban Fare - Curry Chicken Apricot Salad (300 g)
- Farm Boy - Diamond Salad Sandwich Platter - size Medium
- Farm Boy - Diamond Salad Sandwich Platter - size Small
If you purchased this product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home or establishment. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
- Persistent fever.
- Muscle aches.
- Severe headache.
- Neck stiffness.
Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
For more information