Ottawa, December 22, 2020 - The food recall warning issued on December 15, 2020 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Levitts Foods (Canada) Inc. is recalling certain Assala, Compliments, The Deli-Shop, and Levitts brands deli meat products from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled products described below.
- Assala Montreal Style Smoked Meat 150 g
- Compliments Smoked Beef Eye of the Round Pastrami 175 g
- Compliments Corned Beef 175 g
- Compliments Montreal-Style Smoked Meat 175 g
- Compliments Roast Beef 175 g
- Compliments Roast Beef 300 g
- Compliments Smoked Beef Pastrami 175 g
- Levitts Montreal Style Smoked Meat 150 g
- Levitts Corned Beef 150 g
- Levitts New York Style Pastrami 150 g
- Levitts Seasoned Roast Beef 150 g
- Levitts Old Fashioned Montreal Smoked Meat Variable Weight
- The Deli-Shop Sliced Pastrami 175 g
- The Deli-Shop Sliced Pastrami 2 x 175 g
If you purchased this product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include vomiting, nausea, persistent fever, muscle aches, severe headache and neck stiffness. Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
For more information
CFIA Recall - Recall Date: November 22, 2020
CFIA Recall - Updated Recall Date: December 7, 2020
CFIA Recall - Updated Recall Date: December 15, 2020
CFIA Recall - Updated Recall Date: December 22, 2020