Ottawa, September 22, 2020 - The Food Recall Warning issued on September 19, 2020 has been updated to include additional product information. This additional information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation.
Sunsprout Natural Foods is recalling Sunsprout brand Micro – Greens, Alfalfa & Onion and Alfalfa & Radish from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination. Consumers should not consume and retailers, restaurants, and institutions should not sell or use the recalled products described below.
- Sprouts Alive Micro – Greens Alfalfa 100 g 0 69022 10030 3 All best before dates up to and including BBOCT13
- Sunsprout Micro – Greens Alfalfa 100 g 0 57621 13511 6 All best before dates up to and including BBOCT13
- Sunsprout Micro - Greens Alfalfa & Radish 100 g 0 57621 13512 3 BBAUG11
- Sunsprout Micro – Greens Alfalfa & Onion 100 g 0 57621 13516 1 All best before dates up to and including BBOCT05
- Sunsprout Micro – Greens Alfalfa & Radish 100 g 0 57621 13512 3 All best before dates up to and including BBOCT05
If you purchased this product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home or establishment. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
For more information
CFIA Recall - Advisory Date: August 11, 2020
CFIA Recall - Advisory Date: September 19, 2020
CFIA Recall - Advisory Date: September 22, 2020
CFIA Recall - Advisory Date: October 1, 2020