Ottawa, November 17, 2019 - Farm Boy is recalling Farm Boy brand cheese balls from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled products described below.
- Farm Boy Cheese Ball Trio – Fiesta, Cranberry Pecan, Bacon Cheddar and/or “FB Cheese Ball Trio”
- Farm Boy ”FB Blue Cheese & Walnut Ball”
- Farm Boy Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball and/or “FB Cran Pecan Cheese Ball”
- Farm Boy Fiesta Cheese Ball and/or Farm Boy Fiesta Cheese Ball
- Farm Boy “FB Wht Choc Pecan Cran Ball”
- Farm Boy Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball and/or “FB Bacon Chedd. Cheese Ball”
If you purchased a recalled product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Symptoms can include:
- Persistent fever
- Muscle aches
- Severe headache
- Neck stiffness
Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.