Ottawa, October 1, 2019 - Les aliments Deli Chef is recalling sandwiches from the marketplace due to possible Listeria monocytogenes contamination. Consumers should not consume and distributors, retailers and food service establishments such as hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, hospitals and nursing homes should not sell or use the recalled products described below. If you have received the recalled products and have further transformed or repackaged them, you are advised to contact the CFIA.
- Deli Chef - Chicken Salad Sandwich – White Chicken Meat (160 g)
- Deli Chef - Chicken Salad Sandwich – White Chicken Meat (Frozen) (160 g)
- Deli Chef - Chicken Salade Sandwich (4.8 kg)
- Deli Chef - Chicken Salade Sandwich (3.6kg) - Product Code: 68970 & 68971
- Deli Chef - Egg Salad Sandwich – With Chives (160 g)
- Deli Chef - Egg Salad Sandwich – With Chives (Frozen) (160 g)
- Deli Chef - Egg Salade Sandwich (4.8 kg)
- Deli Chef - Egg Salade Sandwich (3.6 kg) - Product Code: 68972 & 68973
- Deli Chef - Ham Salade Sandwich (3.6 kg) - Product Code: 68974 & 68975
- Deli Chef - Ham Filling (3 kg)
- Deli Chef - Roast Turkey Sandwich (3.29 kg)
- Deli Chef - Roast Turkey Sandwich (3.48 kg)
If you purchased this product
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled products in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick.
- Persistent fever.
- Muscle aches.
- Severe headache.
- Neck stiffness.
Pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Although infected pregnant women may experience only mild, flu-like symptoms, the infection can lead to premature delivery, infection of the newborn or even stillbirth. In severe cases of illness, people may die.
For more information