Problems with your mouth or teeth can affect how you look, talk and eat. If not taken care of, they can get worse over time.
What you eat and drink, how well you clean your teeth, and the other habits you have, affect the heath of your mouth.
If you can’t afford to pay for dental care and don’t have dental coverage, we have programs to help you:
To learn more about these services, call the Dental Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661. We’re here to help.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) is a free program for children and youth aged 17 and under who are experiencing financial difficulties. It covers regular checkups, preventive care and treatment of urgent dental problems. If your child qualifies, they will get free regular services from a dentist or dental provider.
Children and youth age 17 and under may be eligible if:
- They are residents of Ontario; and
- They are members of a household that meets the programs income eligibility requirements
What is covered?
- Regular visits to a licensed dental provider like dentists or dental hygienists
- Dental services including check-ups, cleanings, fillings, x-rays and scaling
- Urgent or emergency oral health issues
Where to get dental care, including in an emergency?
- If you have dentist, call their office to find out if they participate in Healthy Smiles Ontario
- If you do not have a dentist, call our Dental Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661
To learn more about Healthy Smiles Ontario, or to enrol, call our Dental Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661.
Preventive Dental Clinics help you prevent cavities and keep teeth and gums healthy.
- Clean teeth
- Apply fluoride
- Coat teeth with sealants
- Show you how to brush
- Tell you about foods that are healthy for teeth
You can use the Preventive Dental Clinic if:
- You’re 17 or under
- You don’t have dental coverage and can’t afford dental care
To learn more about Preventive Dental Clinic, call our Dental Line at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661.
We provide free oral health screenings (check-ups) for youth 17 and under who meet these criteria:
- Parents/guardians don’t have dental insurance
- Can’t afford to pay for dental treatment
Make an appointment for a screening by calling 1-800-265-7293 ext. 2661.
At your appointment, the dental hygienist will check if you’re eligible for any of our dental programs. You’ll also get information about keeping your mouth and teeth healthy, brushing and flossing, and eating for good oral health.
No additional resources found