On December 9, 2014, a complaint report for Nice One Nails (nail and aesthetics salon) located at C-215 Centennial Road, Orangeville was received by Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) from a member of the public.
A Public Health Inspector (PHI) visited Nice One Nails on December 10, 2014. Public Health conducted an inspection to ensure correct infection control procedures were in place.
During the inspection, the following infection control lapse(s) were seen on-site:
- Pedicure grating tool was visibly dirty.
- Single-use tools (toe dividers, nail files, buffer blocks) were being reused and not thrown away after use.
- Used single-use tools were stored in drawers and not thrown away.
- Expired disinfectant.
As a result, corrective action was required within 72 hours. The following actions were taken:
- Reusable tools were cleaned and disinfected by staff after each use on December 12, 2014.
- All expired disinfectants were removed from the premises and replaced with non-expired disinfectant on December 12, 2014.
- Single-use tools were thrown away by staff after each use on December 12, 2014.
- Single-use tools were stored appropriately on-site on December 12, 2014
All corrective measures were confirmed to be completed by a PHI on December 12, 2014.
A summary of all infection control complaints received after September 24, 2014 can be found HERE.
Infection control complaint inspection reports can be found on www.checkbeforeyouchoose.ca