The STOP program delivers research-based, cost-free smoking cessation workshops in local communities.
Eligible participants will:
- Attend an educational session
- Receive a five-week course of nicotine patches
Workshop will be held on September 26, 2016 in Orangeville.
To learn more, see if you qualify, and to register, call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4020.
The event starts at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 1 at the Old Quebec St. mall in downtown Guelph. It is a friendly, international competition to set the record for the most parents feeding human milk to their babies/children at one time. Registration is at 10:30 a.m. with latch-on at precisely 11 a.m.
- All parents feeding human milk, in any way, in any amount, will be counted for the challenge.
- There will be free entertainment and snacks for kids.
- All parents, families, and supporters are welcome.
For more information about World Breastfeeding Week visit www.BabyFriendly.ca.
Wellington County is hosting the 2016 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo (IPM 2016) from September 20 to 24, 2016, in Harriston, Town of Minto.
If you plan to provide food at the event, here’s what you need to know about working with Public Health.
Food safety training and workshops will be available before the event. If you want to sign up please email PHI.email@example.com or call 1-800-265-7293 ext. 4753.
- Updates on Zika virus in Canada
- The role of Public Health in food recalls
- Immunization of all students
You can read more on these topics in our September Board Highlights (PDF, 1 page).