Have you had experience with the Growing Great Kids System of Care (Wee Talk, Health Babies, Healthy Children; KidsAbility; Trellis; Licensed Childcare; CCAC)?
If so, we invite you to complete our short survey to help us evaluate and improve to serve families better.
Our offices and clinics are closed on Monday, May 20 for the Victoria Day holiday. Regular hours resume Tuesday, May 21.
Did you know…?
- An estimated 4% of the preschool population has a significant speech or language disorder.
- A child should use 200 or more words by the time they are 2-3 years old.
- By the age of 4½ a child's vocabulary should consist of about 2,000 words.
- Learning more than one language as a child (“bilingual development”) doesn’t lead to speech or language problems.
- It’s normal for children to mix up grammar rules or use words from different languages in the same sentence.
Questions about speech, language, or hearing? Call Wee Talk, the Wellington-Dufferin Preschool Speech and Language Service System at 1-800-265-7293 ext. 3616.
Since 1927, speech language pathologists have celebrated Better Speech and Hearing Month to raise awareness of speech and language disorders.
For more information, visit www.weetalk.net.
Did you know only 1 in 5 children are buckled up correctly?
Learn how to install a car seat and get help installing your car seat at this “Buckle Up Bears” car seat clinic.
- When: Saturday, June 1, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: Harriston & Minto Fire Hall, 89 Elora Street, Harriston
- Please make an appointment (spots are limited!): Call Marilyn Koch, Palmerston OPP Detachment, at 519-343-5770
When used correctly, a child restraint reduces the likelihood of a child being injured or killed in a crash by up to 75%.
> Learn more about car seat safety.
Buckle Up Bears is a corporate and community partnership with The Co-operators and the Infant and Toddler Safety Association. It’s aimed at raising awareness of correct installation and use of car seats.