New laws to protect people from tobacco smoke and tobacco availability start January 1, 2015. These changes are particularly relevant for younger people.
To learn more about these changes and how they could affect you click here.
Our offices and clinics will be closed from December 22 to 26, 2014.
We will re-open on December 29 to 31, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. then close again for New Year’s Day on January 1. Regular hours resume Friday, January 2.
There will be no Public Health programs, services or clinics the morning of Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2014. All offices will be closed for a staff event.
All office locations will re-open in the afternoon at 1:00pm.
Regular service hours resume Wednesday, Dec. 10.
For assistance, please call 1-800-265-7293.
Enter the wouldurather contest for a chance to win up to $2,500.
All eligible contestants can get a free, 8-week supply of nicotine patch or gum. The contest is open to:
- Registered students at publicly funded post-secondary institutions in Ontario
- Non-students between the ages of 18-29
Winners will be chosen in each of these 4 areas:
- Quit For Good: Daily smokers pledge to quit smoking and remain smoke-free
- Keep The Count: Daily smokers pledge to reduce their smoking by 50%
- Party Without The Smoke: Daily or social smokers pledge to stop smoking when drinking alcohol
- Don't Start & Win: Non-smokers or ex-smokers pledge to stay smoke-free
Registration is open until January 25, 2015. The contest runs from January 26 to March 9.