We teach about and enforce the 2006 Smoke-Free Ontario Act (SFOA). The SFOA regulates smoking in the following ways:
- No smoking in enclosed public places
- No smoking in work vehicles
- No smoking on school property
- No smoking in a car with child under age 16
- No selling, buying, or giving tobacco to a person under age 19
Public Health checks that people and places follow the Act. Our tobacco enforcement officers visit each tobacco retailer at least three times per year. We also send in youth test shoppers at least three times per year.
We work closely with our partners to deal with illegal forms of tobacco (contraband).
No additional resources found